If you happen to want a simple and scrumptious dinner, this Sheet Pan Honey Garlic Hen and Greens is simple to prep and has probably the most flavorful dreamy sauce that makes this dinner one you’ll make on repeat.
Sheet Pan Honey Garlic Hen and Veggies
I’m SO excited to share this recipe for One Pan Honey Garlic Hen and Greens with you. Is it too dramatic if I name it life-changing? I hope not, as a result of I’m doing it. A wholesome dinner with hen, and veggies cooked in simply over half-hour on one pan that style completely wonderful?! I’d name that life altering.
I really feel like that is a secret somebody ought to have let me in on sooner. I’ve spent too a few years cooking hen, roasting potatoes and steaming greens in separate dishes. Cooking all of them collectively on on pan and ending up with flavorful, moist hen and scrumptious roasted greens is a recreation changer in my kitchen.
Find out how to Make Sheet Pan Honey Garlic Hen and Veggies Dinner
There are only a few steps for making this sheet pan dinner. If you realize you’ll be in a pinch for time, you may even prep your veggies the day earlier than!
- In a small bowl, whisk collectively 3 tablespoons of olive oil, honey, garlic, dijon mustard, and salt and pepper.
- In a ziploc bag, place hen breast and pour half of the honey combination over the hen. Let it marinate white chopping the brussels sprouts and candy potatoes.
- Place brussels sprouts trimmed aspect down with candy potatoes in a single salyer onto your baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Nestle the hen in a single layer in between the veggies. Bake for 40 minutes or till hen is cooked by means of (inner temp of 165 levels F) and the brussels sprouts and candy potatoes are brown and caramelized.
- Whereas the hen and veggies are baking, pour the remaining marinade in a small saucepan and produce to a boil. Cook dinner for two minutes or till combination thickens barely.
- When hen and veggies are carried out baking, change oven to broil for simply 2-3 minutes to get a pleasant golden brown crust.
- Take away from oven and baste every little thing with the remaining sauce from the saucepan. Take pleasure in!
Components for Honey Garlic Hen with Veggies
I really like this recipe as a result of it has an excellent easy wholesome ingredient record. I wager you could have all of them in your kitchen already – olive oil, honey, minced garlic, dijon mustard…….. add just a little salt and pepper and also you gained’t consider how flavorful this dish is, even with simply these easy components.
- Honey. This sweetener is ideal due to its liquid consistency to go with the opposite components on this recipe. Particularly the brussels sprouts – when you’ve got by no means tried honey on them – you actually need to!
- Garlic – I really like to purchase the pre-minced garlic to make cooking recipes like this a lot sooner.
- Dijon Mustard – the flavour the mustard offers the marinade is de facto scrumptious. The acid balances each the candy and the salt of the opposite components.
- Hen – The hen on this recipe is tender and juicy. I choose hen breasts, however you may all the time use hen thighs.
- Brussels Sprouts – Brussels sprouts are a very nice alternative for a sheet pan dinner. They take a bit longer to prepare dinner and aren’t delicate and so maintain up their texture properly when cooked at excessive temps within the oven.
- Candy Potatoes – candy potatoes are a root veggie that works properly with brussels sprouts for a similar causes – they take longer to prepare dinner and maintain their texture rather well.
Generally Requested Questions on Honey Garlic Sheet Pan Dinner
Query: Can I take advantage of different veggies than the recipe requires? You possibly can undoubtedly strive different veggies. I wouldn’t suggest utilizing veggies that want much less cooking time, like asparagus. Some nice alternate options could be broccoli, pink or yellow potatoes, carrots, onions, bell peppers, and cauliflower. Some individuals love inexperienced beans cooked this manner, however I discover they’re extra crisp and have a harder texture.
Query: Can I marinate the hen longer? Completely! You can begin marinating the hen the night time earlier than and even that morning.
Query: Can I take advantage of hen thighs as an alternative of hen breasts? Sure! Hen thighs are an amazing various, they sometimes end up much more tender than hen breasts as a result of they’re a darker meat.
Query: Can I make this forward? You possibly can marinate the hen and chop the veggies and retailer them in a container in your fridge till able to prepare dinner. Then when it’s time to make dinner, you simply throw every little thing onto your sheet pan and bake!
Query: What could be a superb aspect to serve with this dinner?
- Rice, pasta or quinoa. You possibly can even drizzle a number of the additional marinade on it.
- Do-it-yourself Bread. We love entire wheat bread, sourdough, and even this yummy braided bread.
- Fruit Salad. I really like the recent and candy flavors of fruit with this consolation dinner.
Extra Favourite Sheet Pan Dinners
Sheet Pan Hen with Spring Veggies – this dinner has recent flavors and veggies of spring!
Hen and Fall Roasted Veggies Sheet Pan Dinner – Roasted colourful seasonal veggies and hen along with a couple of key dried herbs, then tossed all along with walnuts and chewy dried cranberries.
Sheet Pan Ranch Crusted Hen and Roasted Potatoes – Crispy potatoes paired with yummy ranch crusted hen on the surface with tender juicy hen on the within.
- 4 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 tsp thyme dried
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, floor
- 1 pound hen breast
- 1/2 pound brussels sprouts trimmed and reduce in half
- 2 medium candy potatoes peeled and chopped
Preheat oven to 400 levels F. Flippantly oil a baking sheet.
In a small bowl, whisk collectively 3 tablespoons olive oil, honey, garlic and dijon mustard. Season with salt and pepper to style. Mix half the honey garlic combination and hen breasts in a gallon dimension ziplock bag. Shake to coat the hen properly after which let marinate whereas chopping the brussels sprouts and candy potatoes.
Place brussels sprouts (reduce aspect down) and candy potatoes in a single layer onto the ready baking sheet. Drizzle with just a little olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Prime with the hen in a single layer and pour the remainder of the marinade combination over the veggies and hen.
Put within the preheated oven and roast till the hen is totally cooked by means of (inner temperature of 165 levels F) and the brussels sprouts and candy potatoes are brown and caramelized.
Whereas the dinner is baking, pour the remaining marinade in a small saucepan and produce to a boil. Cook dinner for two minutes or till barely thickened.
As soon as the sheet pan dinner is cooked, flip the oven to broil, and prepare dinner for 2-3 minutes, or till hen is caramelized and veggies are a golden brown.
Take away from oven and baste every little thing with the marinade from the saucepan. Take pleasure in!
Energy: 292kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 19g | Fats: 12g | Saturated Fats: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 1g | Monounsaturated Fats: 7g | Trans Fats: 1g | Ldl cholesterol: 48mg | Sodium: 362mg | Potassium: 702mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 11029IU | Vitamin C: 36mg | Calcium: 50mg | Iron: 2mg
I am a registered dietitian, mother of 4, avid lover of meals and powerful promoter of wholesome habits. Right here one can find a lot of scrumptious recipes filled with fruits and veggies, suggestions for getting your children to eat higher and change into intuitive eaters and plenty of assets for feeding your loved ones.