26 Jan Community Birth Story: Twin Birth with Jenny Campbell
Birth stories can be an incredibly powerful tool to prepare for your upcoming birth experience. As we learn in today’s episode, a twin parent may feel like just a foot note in birth books. Through our community birth stories we aim to help illuminate a multitude of experiences. In today’s episode of Yoga |Birth |Babies we hear from community member and prenatal yoga teacher Jenny Campbell.
Jenny, an accomplished dancer and active yoga practitioner talks about how she surrendered to the physical and hormonal changes of a twin pregnancy. She also shares the support she sought out through pregnancy from switching to prenatal yoga classes and taking naps, to finding the right doula (Lindsey Bliss). Jenny also shares the details of her vaginal twin birth.
In this episode you will learn:
- Learn about Jenny, as a dancer, yoga teacher, and new parent.
- As a yoga teacher, how Jenny handled the physical adjustments to her practice that pregnancy brought.
- What Jenny did to help physically and mentally prepare for the birth of twins.
- Jenny’s birth story.
- How Jenny prepared to be a twin parent.
- Jenny’s postpartum recovery and parenting experience (so far!)
- One thing Jenny wishes someone had told her prior to becoming a new parent.
- One final tip/piece of advice she would offer new or expectant parents.
- Where Jenny is teaching now a days!
Jenny Campbell is a Brooklyn based yoga teacher, dancer and a new mom to twins. She was introduced to yoga through her background in modern dance and has been teaching for 15 years. She is the founder of Urban Om NYC, whose mission is to help students live more joyful, healthy lives by means of private yoga, meditation and retreats.
Connect with Jenny:
Support Our Sponsors:
- Hello Fresh: America’s #1 meal kit! Go to HelloFresh.com/ybb14 and use code ybb14 for up to 14 free meals AND 3 free gifts!
- Everlywell at home lab test is offering a special discount of 20% off an at-home lab test at www.everlywell.com/ybb
- Boober: Looking for a lactation support, birth doulas, mental health therapists, and postpartum doulas. Use the code PYC to get 10% off your first service atwww.getboober.com
Don’t forget to grab your FREE guide, 5 Simple Solutions to the Most Common Pregnancy Pains HERE
If you love what you’ve been listening to, please leave a rating and review! Yoga| Birth|Babies
To connect with Deb and the PYC Community:
Instagram & Facebook: @prenatalyogacenter
Youtube: Prenatal Yoga Center